Sunday, November 6, 2011

Photography : Oh Baby!

Pin It

I haven’t posted much on the photography side of things lately and these little ones needed some face time on the blog for sure.  I’ve been lucky enough to have some great friends and family members allow me access to their precious bundles so that I can get some infant photography practice. 

Photographing infants is a whole new ball game.  Capturing their innocent cuteness is a pleasure.

First up, my friend Sarah (monkey baby shower Sarah) had her baby earlier this year.  I got some really cute shots of him at around 4 months.IMG_1414-copy_thumb2

Auntie Sabby got him this monkey hat…

IMG_1388-copy_thumb2

Baby “E” has been such a blessing to Sarah and Jon and their families.  He’s such a good boy and he SO handsome!

IMG_1483-copy_thumb3

I just wish we could all see each other more.  Hmpf. 

We also welcomed a new niece to our family this spring on my husband’s side. IMG_4885-bw

Baby “T” is perfect and has these eyes and lips to die for.

IMG_4849-2

IMG_4839 copy bw

Angelina lips, no?

Finally, I got to shoot Baby “J”. He was only 5 weeks at the time and this is the littlest baby I’ve worked with so far. It comes with all sorts of challenges and was excellent practice. 

IMG_5259

He also reminded me of Braden’s crazy nursing schedule.  Hungry little dude.

IMG_5289

IMG_5417

I’m a sucker BIG TIME for perfect little baby toes.  This was only one of about a hundred that I took. 

IMG_5449

Ack!  I love those feet! 

So, there you have it…my first work with infants.  It’s a work in progress, but I still LOVE how the above shots turned out.  As with all aspects of photography, try, try and try again. 

I have to give a big thanks to my friends Sarah/Jon and Nina/Scrappy, as well as my brother and sister-in-law for letting me work with their perfect little homegrown nuggets.  Mwah!  I hope they enjoyed the resulting images as much as I enjoyed taking them.

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Awww... shooting babies. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your work. You are a very talented lady. I look forward to visiting your blog often.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails