Friday, August 24, 2012

Happy Birthday Mamaw and back to school!

Pin It

Today is my lovely mother’s birthday!  We won’t say which one…you’re welcome mother.IMG_0010

We won’t be able to see her today, but I wanted to give her a little shout out.  My mother and father are a great source of inspiration and the reason I can do many of the things in life that I’ve shared on this blog…including parenting.  The cooking, the crafting, the DIYing.  Now if only she could teach me how to sew.

Love you mom!  Hope you have a GREAT day!

On to more news…

My boys started school last week! 

To kick it off, we took them downtown for Jazzin’ at the Shedd. 

IMG_0326

GREAT limited time program by the way.  Lots of fun for the kids and adults.  Who doesn’t want to see fishies with a glass on wine and live jazz music?

IMG_0982

Lanham’s in 4th this year!

IMG_0986

Braden is in Kindergarten!  Can’t believe it!

IMG_0984

We had a hard time getting decent first day of school pics this year…it RAINED!  Almost zero inches of rain all summer…first day of school?  Downpour.   Ugh.

IMG_0990

Just want to squeeze them.

We had our annual ‘hood back to school breakfast and I served up The Frugal Girl’s Cinnamon Twists.

IMG_0988

Didn’t snap any pictures of the food.  Rain = HUGE lines at the school.  We had to get a move on.

And so the 2012-13 school year begins and so does the busy busy.

Tonight we leave for a mini family vacation in the city and the kids are super excited.  The Adler Planetarium, a Shoreline Sightseeing water taxi ride, a pool on the 42nd floor of the Swissotel and dinner at Lou’s?  Yes…mommy’s excited too!  Check back next week to see how it all went down!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails