Monday, September 10, 2012

Cranberry Cheesecake Bars

Pin It

IMG_0997

We are blessed to be able to visit my in-laws’ lake house each summer.  I can’t thank them enough for the long lazy memory filled weekends they have given to us over the years. 

IMG_1067-002

So, one thing I can do is cook and I usually try to bring something to enjoy on each visit.  On our last visit, I made these delicious Cranberry Cheesecake Bars that I found in Redbook magazine of all places.  Actually, it was a nice little segment using a simple crust recipe five different ways.  I had all of the ingredients on hand for this particular bar and got busy.

IMG_1001

Super simple and delicious!  They were like little mini cheesecakes and one was seriously not enough.  Beware!

Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake Bars (from Redbook magazine)

Ingredients

Orange Crust

  • 1 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
  • 3/4 cup(s) (1 and 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 teaspoon(s) grated orange zest
  • 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
  • Yolk from 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract

Topping

  • 2 package(s) (8 ounces each) light cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup(s) light sour cream
  • 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
  • 1 can(s) (8-ounce) jellied cranberry sauce

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 13- by 9-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil 2 inches beyond pan at both ends. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt.
  2. Beat butter and remaining mixture of ingredients with the paddle attachment of a mixer on medium speed until soft and creamy, about 2 minutes. On low speed, beat in flour mixture, scraping sides of the bowl until dough comes together. Drop small clumps of dough evenly into prepared pan. With floured fingers, press dough into even layer.
  3. Bake 20 minutes or until surface is golden and set. Remove crust, keeping the oven on.
  4. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
  5. Use the paddle attachment of a mixer on medium speed to beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy and smooth. On low speed, beat in eggs, then sour cream, flour, and vanilla until blended and smooth.
  6. Whisk cranberry sauce in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in 3 tablespoons of the cheesecake batter until blended. Pour the remaining white batter over the warm crust, then spoon small dollops of the cranberry batter over the white batter and drag a small spatula across the surface until it looks marbled.
  7. Bake 36 minutes or until surface looks dry and is set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm and cold.
  8. Lift ends of foil to transfer to a cutting board. Cut lengthwise into 6 equal strips, about 1 1/2 inches wide. Cut each strip into 6 bars.

IMG_0999


Linking up…Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays   Beauty and Bedlam Pin It

1 comment:

  1. These look amazing...I only wish I like cranberries. :) I'm trying to figure out if I could make them and use jam or something similar on top. At any rate, I had to stop by and check out the recipe- your picture got me!

    (stopping by from 33 shades of green)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails