Thursday, December 13, 2012

Fall Family Photo Shoots

Pin It

IMG_1770 fade

With my return the stay-at-home world, came the return to photography.   Getting back into photo shoot mode was harder than I expected. Mostly just nerves and my perfectionist nature.  I decided to only book a few families to ease into it.

I’ve been dying to share these pics on my blog, but I wanted to wait knowing that the families might use these pictures for Christmas cards.  Then some of my readers know these families and might receive those cards, etc.  You get it right?  Anyway, on to the pics! 

First up, is the “D” Family…

IMG_1797

IMG_1752

IMG_1669

You might not recognize this little man…

IMG_1601

But he’s the adorable little baby that was in the WOWN Holiday shoot last year.

IMG_1711

All grown up and just turned the Big 1! 

Glasses. Wow, that’s a new challenge, but I’m so thankful that the “D” family mama and I are friends.

IMG_2001

She was patient with me getting just the right angle to get the least amount of glare.  I think we were both really happy with how it all turned out. 

Next up, the “B” Family…

IMG_2911bw

Now, this family was also in our WOWN holiday shoot last year.  The mom and I are ‘hood friends and her family is a ton of fun.

IMG_2701-2

And her husband was a great photog assistant as well…who knew?

IMG_2735

The kids handled the less than ideal weather situation really well. We had a very odd fall this year in Illinois.  One that didn’t make for great outdoor photography weather. 

Bea Proofs

Aren’t they sweet?

Of course, the parents are pretty cute too…

IMG_2960bw

So there you have it…my photography hobby is back on.  I really loved getting the chance to use my camera in a family portrait format again.  The other great thing?  I finally forced myself to bust out my Photoshop CS5 software.  And you know what?  I LOVE IT!  I always read that its so much more powerful than Elements, but seriously?  Its amazing! 

A big thanks to both of these fabulous families for letting me create some beautiful memories with you and helping me get back into a hobby/small business that I love so much.  Mwah!

Oh and one last thing…neighbor Katie and I put together the WOWN Holiday photo shoot again this year!!!  Looking forward to sharing those with you really soon!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Those sweet baby smiles are so valuable. Your readers will surely be mesmerised with the photos.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails