Sunday, February 24, 2013

Simply Suzanne Granola Review

Pin It

Hi everyone!  I’m here with a long overdue post about a product I was luckily enough to try recently.  As you know, my cooking and eating habits for myself and my family vary between homey and rich to healthy and all natural.  Basically, we love our fruits, veggies and whole grains, but indulging in homemade cheesecake is ok once in a while too.

SS_LOGO

So, I was very pleased to have the Simply Suzanne granola company contact me about trying a few of their products.  Simply Suzanne is an all natural food company that specializes in sweet and savory granola and trail mixes.

GranolaFamilyPhoto

All of their products are certified vegan and Kosher. Simply Suzanne is a Detroit, Michigan company too…love my Midwestern peeps!!

IMG_7046

First up, I tried the Apple Rosemary Pecan Trail Mix

IMG_7057

Now, I have to admit, the idea of rosemary in my granola was a little strange to me.  However, its very subtle and I only tasted the rosemary in about every other bite.  The dried apples are tasty too, more chewy than the usual crispy dried apples.  I’m a nut fan, so I would have enjoyed a few more pecans and a little less raisins, but that’s just personal taste.  Love the short and simple ingredient list of these products…

IMG_7072 

Overall, a healthy and delicious snack.  Great for munching right out of the bag.

Next, I tried the Original Sweet & Savory Granola

IMG_7054

This granola is made in small batches and has a peanuty flavor with a hint of cinnamon.  Again, a really short list of great ingredients.  LOVE!

IMG_7071

It was great for topping my homemade yogurt and just eating straight out of the bag.  However, what I really liked was the recipe that Simple Suzanne gave to me for Goat Cheese Granola balls. 

IMG_7082

Basically, I took the granola and put it into a large plastic baggie and crushed it with my rolling pin.  Then, I took small pieces of goat cheese and rolled them into balls.  After that, I rolled them in the crushed granola.  These were a hit a recent WOWN party served with pear slices.  Instead of leaving them in ball shapes, I pressed them into little disks for easier eating.  Yum!

Final verdict?  Well, this definitely is a new take on granola flavor for me and I actually enjoyed the change.  Most granolas that I like are more on the sweet side.  I would recommend these to anyone looking for a healthy treat that is both good for you and tasty.   It’s especially suited to those that are conscious of natural and simple ingredients.  Overall, I would try Simply Susanne again and I’d love to check out the Cranberry Pepita and Dark Chocolate trail mix.

Currently, Simply Suzanne products can be found in Chicago at Kroger stores, several Whole Foods Chicago locations, Arista Foods, as well as Angelo Caputo’s.  They are also in Ohio at Kroger stores and both Jungle Jim’s locations.  I recently found these tasty treats at my local Meijer, another Midwestern grocery chain. 

So, what are your favorite healthy snacks?  Have you ever tried granola that contains savory ingredients?  I’d love to hear your feedback.

Also, stay tuned…I have some very important life changes to announce very soon!

Disclosure: Simply Suzanne sent me products to try and review.  All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Hmm it seems like your blog ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm
    thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any tips and hints for novice blog writers? I'd really appreciate
    it.

    Have a look at my web blog: website

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Someone in my Facebook group shared this
    site with us so I came to take a look.
    I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this
    to my followers! Great blog and terrific design.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! They make my day...wait...my week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails